MySecretGarden

U.S.A., Washington State. USDA zone 8b. Sunset climate zone 5

Gazebo Speaking

Hi! It’s me, Tatyana’s gazebo. She took a picture of me this morning, and I didn’t like how I look.
*

*
I look like a wet chicken. Why did she want people to see me like this? Why doesn’t she think that I might be as image-conscious as she is? I don’t want you to have the wrong impression of me so I decided to show you how pretty I can be.
I think I am a good looking gazebo. If not, why would she fall in love with me the moment she saw me in the store? She loved me even more when she saw my price tag! I was so affordable that her husband needed to talk to the manager to find out when they will get more of me. People were grabbing me like garden gloves!
I am also light. So light, they were able to assemble and install me themselves. Look at this picture.
*

*
They didn’t prop me up yet, and she ran to her vegetable garden to take this picture. I like those tall dark columbines. Why did she yank them? Ah, they started to spread and take up too much space. What a pity! Back to me. I look good close and from afar. I should give them credit for they put me in the right place. That wall was bare without me.
*

*
I love the pictures with dates printed on them. Don’t you? She removed that feature from her camera later, and it happens now that she can’t tell when a picture was taken. Looks are everything!
For some time, I looked naked, although she was fast to plant several grapevines around me. You could see through me and admire blooming clematis montana in the spring.
*

*
Grapes grew fast. Do you see a yucca to the right from me?
*

*
It was there before me and it’s getting bigger and bigger. Do you think it needs to be moved? Let it stay?
*

*
Things like to grow near me. They know I serve as a great background. Look at these foxgloves. They grow in front of me and even inside of me!
*

*

*
Many of you might remember this picture below, but did you notice me back there?
*

*

*
Fuchsia Double Otto loves to grow nearby.
*

*

*
Some plants can’t be close to me, so they try to be on pictures with me, like these poppies and alliums:
*

*

*
She likes to use me as a place to watch her garden.
*

*
Hmm, didn’t she say that orange and yellow weren’t her favorite colors? But look at that nasturtium! She planted it as a companion plant for her vegetables, but it spread and found its way to her purple and pink flowers.
*

*
I know what she will say when she looks at this picture below: ”Damn, I forgot to dig out the dahlias again! They will either be frozen if the winter is cold or rotten if it’s wet”.
*

*
See the bamboo bean tower between my bars in the next picture? This year, there were two towers, and there were plenty of beans. But you know what, the summer was so late, most of them never reached maturity. Its a good thing she has a big compost pile!
*

*
So, what I want to say is I look good during all seasons, not only in summer. In spring, you can see curves of the grapevines and their buds opening to young leaves.
*

*
In fall, those leaves drop on the ground creating a brown carpet.
*

*
This fall, the snow came unusually early, before Thanksgiving when I was still covered by leaves.
*

*
There is not enough sun here for grapes to ripen.
*

*
But they look lovely. They are my earrings.
*

*
Just look at those clusters! Do you think the birds will eat them? Do birds love sour berries?
*

*
When real winter comes, I will still be beautiful:
*

*
That’ all so far. Do you like me? Do you? Really? Thank you! You, gardeners, are such nice people. You know how important we, gazebos, are in the garden. Just try to take our pictures when we look our best, OK?
***
Copyright 2010 TatyanaS

38 comments:

  1. Really cute post. I was smiling all through reading it. Tell your gazebo I think she is very lovely, and looks so pretty with her earrings. Tell her not to fret because she makes a great statement all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Do you think her sister could come live at my house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tatyana, this is a beautiful gazebo! I love wrought iron. Gorgeous fuschia and fox glove. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining. I want a cheap gazebo--great for holding up the foxgloves. I have Allium 'Globemaster' which is truly huge and spreads to make more. I got the bulbs from Brent and Becky's, my favorite bulb source. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a winner !!
    I have a spot where she might be happy in my garden.
    This garden accent is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tatyana,

    Cute posting! Wow never seen columbines get so tall, and you pulled them out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures to see and I even love the one in the snow at the end...soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty gazebo! Will it surprise you to know that though there are many pretty floral pictures, I love the photo in which the gazebo is covered with snow the best? It just looks so magical all covered in freshly fallen snow. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tatyana's gazebo ~ you are very photogenic and look great all through the seasons. You add a lot to her already beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever post! I love talking gazebos! Love the earrings! You know, I think I would move the yucca. If your yucca could talk, it would probably ask to be moved next to some burgundy foliage -- always a pretty contrast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love beautiful, chatty garden structures!! I don't think my grill would be quite as sweet as your gazebo. It would probably yell, "Hey lady! The sparrows are pooping on me again!!" If the gazebo needs some breathing room from the yucca, you could replace it with phlox or swamp milkweed. Or to keep the spikey accents you could add japanese variegated iris or siberian iris. Or some gorgeous monarda... Ok, I'll stop now! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a lovely post and equally smart talking gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and wonderful photos. You have a lovely home and garden, and I love that Gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. o' to have a lovely gazebo such as your would be a dream. I bet the birds will eat the grapes too.
    Was that a fuchsia I saw?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you my friends for listening to my gazebo! I wish I could clone it so that you also had one!
    Randy, you are very diplomatic! You could just say what idiot could remove those columbines!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tatyana's gazebo! Yes, I do like you in all seasons! I don't know whether the birds will eat the grapes. They sure look good on you, though. I hope they ripen next year for Tatyana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear, you most certainly do not look like a wet chicken! In fact, you are so lovely I am struck with gazebo envy every time I see a picture of you. Would it be too much to ask that you divulge what your make & model are? I have been looking for the PERFECT gazebo, but have yet to find one. Beautiful in all seasons indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gazebo look lovely in all season telling us a different story. I like your foxglove want to try grow one next year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tatyana,
    Wow, you have a lovely garden and I love that gazebo too. Of course I envy you your grapes...did you see my tropical grape in my latest posting? Almost invisible to the naked eye, but I loved them anyway.
    Cheers,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love gazebo's and this is SO elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tatyana, I love your articulate gazebo in all her seasonal dress. I love those Columbines too! I guess one must be careful in what one does and says around such a smart garden fixture. You always have a witness! ;>)) Lovely grapes . . . delightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Such a lovely gazebo too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My dear friends, the gazebo asked to tell you that it's flattered and inspired by your words! Now, it wants a mirror to admire itself! My answer was: use the window behind you!
    Rebecca, it was bought in a fairyland named Costco. The tag, sorry, the birth certificate is gone, but you can ask the store who was the gazebo's manufacturer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, she is a GORGEOUS gazebo. Every season and every look is just beautiful. She adds so much to your garden Tatyana. I can see why you had to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the gazebo! It's nice to have something like that to keep the garden interesting all year, especially when the weather changes. I bet the gazebo will see lots of snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, you better keep that window cleaned, then! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tatyana: Such lovely post! I always love the way you wrote your post, like telling a fairy tale...

    Yes, I really love that gazebo. How come I never seen this in my part of Costco. If I ever see it, I want to buy two, and I think I have the exact spots for them. And I can imagine how the climbing rose will look on them, and maybe some beans and grapes too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am really in love with your home and garden. You really have an ideal situation going there. I could get lost in your yard and call it heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Tatyana -
    I love the way you presented the pictures in chronological order. It is amazing to see how the garden changes ever so gracefully. Your gazebo is fantastic! I want one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. intriquing was she ever completely covered??

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely gazebo. Looks good in all seasons, but especially covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful gazebo and smart, too. Seems very aware of what's going on around her! I like her earrings, and she looks lovely even covered in brown leaves. Tell her I would be afraid of the yucca so close - ouchy leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Biiiig smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love how it looks completely different with every changing season.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear Gazebo.

    You have just the right figure for looking stylish whether clothed or naked.

    I wish I could say the same for myself.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ahhh...there is nothing like a post of beautiful spring and summer gardens to make these wintry days go by quicker! Thanks so much for the trip to the past...I love your gazebo and love that you planted grapes around it, even if they don't ripen, the vines and grapes are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I truly want a gazebo now, especially one with such a wonderful, friendly personality!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comment! I appreciate your time! See you soon on your blog!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU!

Labels

Abyssinian Banana (4) Actaea s. (1) Agapanthus (1) Agressive plants (1) Alaska (8) Amaryllis (5) Aquilegia (1) Aralia (4) Arizona (1) Arundel Castle Gardens (1) Autumn (47) Bainbridge Island Gardens (8) Before and After (8) Berry (4) Bird Houses (1) Bloedel Reserve (1) Blotanical (3) Blue Poppy (2) Book review (1) Botanical Gardens (3) Bouquets (9) Butchart Gardens (9) California (3) Calla (1) Canada (2) Chanticleer Garden (1) Clematis (4) Coleus (1) Colonial Gardens (7) Conifers (3) Containers (22) Corydalis (1) Dahlia (5) Dan Klennert (1) Desert Landscape (1) DIG (1) Dogs (14) Dry creek bed (1) Duris Cucumber Farm (1) Elandan Gardens (2) End of Month View (12) England (16) English Gardens (2) Euphorbia (1) Eze France Exotic garden (2) Fall garden (19) Far Reaches Farm (1) Favorite plants (52) Favorite plants. Tree Philodendron (1) Fences (2) Foliage (7) Formal gardens (1) Foxglove (14) France (4) Frankfurt Botanical Garden (1) Front Garden (5) Fuchsia (8) Garden decor (3) garden design (1) Garden elements (48) garden rooms (1) garden structure (1) Garden Tour (1) Garden works (15) Gardening Tips (4) Gardens of nature (11) Gardens to see (113) Gardens to see (tours) (25) Geraniums (2) Germany (5) GH Garden Tour (7) Giveaway (4) Giverny (2) Gossler Farms Nursery (1) Grasses (8) Great Dixter (3) Greenhouse (2) gunnera (4) Hampton Court (1) Hawaii Garden (1) Hellebores (8) Herbs and Vegetables (22) Heronswood (7) Hidcote (1) History of gardening (11) Holidays (25) Hops (1) Hosta (4) Hydrangea (7) Illumination (1) Italy (12) Japanese maple (14) Kew (4) Lakewold Gardens (22) Lavatera (1) Lavender (3) Leucosceptrum stellipilum ‘Ogon' (1) Little and Lewis Garden (1) Lobelia tupa (2) Meconopsis (2) Melianthus major (2) Minter Gardens (1) Missouri Botanical Garden (1) Mount Vernon (1) My Garden (150) My Open Garden (4) MY PICTURE OF THE DAY (80) Neighborhood (9) NPA Open Gardens (13) NWFGS (29) Old Goat Farm (3) Orchids (1) Oregon (4) PalmenGarten (2) Pampas grass (1) Peony (6) Perennials (59) Plant ID (9) Poppy (5) Problem areas (3) Recipes (2) Rhododendron (5) Rock garden (2) Romneya c. (2) Sarah P. Duke Gardens (2) Serre de la Madone (Lawrence Johnston) (1) Shade Garden (20) Shayne Chandler Garden (1) Shrubs (11) Sissinghurst (9) Sky Watch (1) Slope garden (6) Slugs (3) Spring/Summer garden (141) Stachys (1) Succulents (9) Summer/Fall garden (74) Texas Arboretum (1) The Garden of Great Depression (1) Tree Peony (2) Trees (36) Trips (81) Tulip Festival (16) Uncategorized (7) Vegetable garden (4) Vegetables (1) Villa Cimbrone (2) WA (114) Weigela (1) Wells Medina Nursery (1) White garden (3) Wild animals (21) Wild flowers (16) Windcliff (1) Wineries (1) Winter and winter garden (54) Wordless Wednesday (31) Yang's Garden and Nursery (6)
Copyright 2009-2022 TatyanaS, MySecretGarden Blog



*