MySecretGarden

U.S.A., Washington State. USDA zone 8b. Sunset climate zone 5

NWFGS-2017 Marketplace - Several Pictures

More than 300 exibitors/vendors offered their products and creations during
the Northwest Flower and Garden Show - 2017.
Many of them were familiar, and some were new.


Christianson's Nursery is one my favorites.
We always visit it in spring during Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.




Above: Beautiful Edgeworthia chrysantha 'Nanjing Gold', on the right , went home with me.
It'll make a company to my Edgeworthia papyrifera.
 I noticed that  Edgeworthia chrysantha had larger buds.
It's also supposed to be more hardy than Edgeworthia papyrifera.








These goats would be more harmless in my garden than other hoofed animals...





I'm eager to try these soil amendment samples from Victory Organics.
They are chemical-free, low-odor and should be easy to use.






This Master's things from recycled wood are very popular among the guests of the Show.




***

***





Andy Byrne creations are unique and intriguing.



Swanson's Nursery displays never disappoint.



Swarm from Portland attracted a lot of  interest with its products which can help to create a backyard bee refuge.
We love bees and other pollinators!



 'Sedum Chicks' included a recipe for Living Wall Hanging into its display.





First time at the Show - Vegepod, the Australian-based company,
offered its pods which use self-watering technology.



This picture is actually supposed to be in the previous post  Vintage Market at the NWFGS - 2017

Almost anything can be used to grow vegetables and herbs

  

I was glad to see this Pittosporum, above.
Its cousin grows in my garden and does pretty well, although I put him in semi-shade.


Ravenna Gardens was as charming and chock-full of treasures  as always!




For those who likes mini and fairy gardens.

P.S. I apologize for missing some names! If you know the names of the companies and artists whose works were shown in this post, please, let me know!

Previous posts with pictures from the NWFGS-2017:

Have a great week
and Happy Spring!!

***Copyright 2017 TatyanaS

15 comments:

  1. mceleanoreMarch 21, 2017

    There are always so many creative ideas at this show! Thank you for posting large pictures, I can see all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, Tatyana that's a lot and i love to have many of them, haha! The nice thing about shows in your areas is the bigger space unlike what we have here with our garden shows. The most attractive for me to bring home though is the self watering throughs! I wonder if they will be useful too in the hot tropics. I have problems when i go out with my plants suffering some setback or die totally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, the company that makes them is based in Australia, not far from you! Maybe, they have something for your climate! It would be great!

      Delete
  3. Oh! So much garden goodies at the show. It would be hard to resist buying everything. I love such enticing displays and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! I always buy several plants at the Show and sometimes, something else, for example, good supports for tall plants, etc.

      Delete
  4. A lot of the time I was there. Interesting products very much and the choice would be difficult. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I would have to leave my credit cards at home for all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would have come home much poorer! I saw lots of temptations in your photos Tatyana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha, Jennifer, that is why I take my husband with me! When I tell him, for example, that I like certain plant, he asks: Do you know the spot where to plant it? And that plant goes quickly from the list!

      Delete
  7. Tatyana, regarding the above comment, I have someone at home very much like yourself. Fabulous show, think I will visit on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tatyana, that looks like a great garden show. You are so lucky that you get to visit it each year. Thank you very much sharing your photos of it. At least that way I can take a glimpse, too!
    One thing is good about that I can't go there, if I would be able to, I came out poor as a church mouse. There is so much good stuff on offer I would not be able to resist the temptation...
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comment! I appreciate your time! See you soon on your blog!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU!

Labels

Abyssinian Banana (4) Actaea s. (1) Agapanthus (1) Agressive plants (1) Alaska (8) Amaryllis (5) Aquilegia (1) Aralia (4) Arizona (1) Arundel Castle Gardens (1) Autumn (47) Bainbridge Island Gardens (8) Before and After (8) Berry (4) Bird Houses (1) Bloedel Reserve (1) Blotanical (3) Blue Poppy (2) Book review (1) Botanical Gardens (3) Bouquets (9) Butchart Gardens (9) California (3) Calla (1) Canada (2) Chanticleer Garden (1) Clematis (4) Coleus (1) Colonial Gardens (7) Conifers (3) Containers (22) Corydalis (1) Dahlia (5) Dan Klennert (1) Desert Landscape (1) DIG (1) Dogs (14) Dry creek bed (1) Duris Cucumber Farm (1) Elandan Gardens (2) End of Month View (12) England (16) English Gardens (2) Euphorbia (1) Eze France Exotic garden (2) Fall garden (19) Far Reaches Farm (1) Favorite plants (52) Favorite plants. Tree Philodendron (1) Fences (2) Foliage (7) Formal gardens (1) Foxglove (14) France (4) Frankfurt Botanical Garden (1) Front Garden (5) Fuchsia (8) Garden decor (3) garden design (1) Garden elements (48) garden rooms (1) garden structure (1) Garden Tour (1) Garden works (15) Gardening Tips (4) Gardens of nature (11) Gardens to see (113) Gardens to see (tours) (25) Geraniums (2) Germany (5) GH Garden Tour (7) Giveaway (4) Giverny (2) Gossler Farms Nursery (1) Grasses (8) Great Dixter (3) Greenhouse (2) gunnera (4) Hampton Court (1) Hawaii Garden (1) Hellebores (8) Herbs and Vegetables (22) Heronswood (7) Hidcote (1) History of gardening (11) Holidays (25) Hops (1) Hosta (4) Hydrangea (7) Illumination (1) Italy (12) Japanese maple (14) Kew (4) Lakewold Gardens (22) Lavatera (1) Lavender (3) Leucosceptrum stellipilum ‘Ogon' (1) Little and Lewis Garden (1) Lobelia tupa (2) Meconopsis (2) Melianthus major (2) Minter Gardens (1) Missouri Botanical Garden (1) Mount Vernon (1) My Garden (150) My Open Garden (4) MY PICTURE OF THE DAY (80) Neighborhood (9) NPA Open Gardens (13) NWFGS (29) Old Goat Farm (3) Orchids (1) Oregon (4) PalmenGarten (2) Pampas grass (1) Peony (6) Perennials (59) Plant ID (9) Poppy (5) Problem areas (3) Recipes (2) Rhododendron (5) Rock garden (2) Romneya c. (2) Sarah P. Duke Gardens (2) Serre de la Madone (Lawrence Johnston) (1) Shade Garden (20) Shayne Chandler Garden (1) Shrubs (11) Sissinghurst (9) Sky Watch (1) Slope garden (6) Slugs (3) Spring/Summer garden (141) Stachys (1) Succulents (9) Summer/Fall garden (74) Texas Arboretum (1) The Garden of Great Depression (1) Tree Peony (2) Trees (36) Trips (81) Tulip Festival (16) Uncategorized (7) Vegetable garden (4) Vegetables (1) Villa Cimbrone (2) WA (114) Weigela (1) Wells Medina Nursery (1) White garden (3) Wild animals (21) Wild flowers (16) Windcliff (1) Wineries (1) Winter and winter garden (54) Wordless Wednesday (31) Yang's Garden and Nursery (6)
Copyright 2009-2022 TatyanaS, MySecretGarden Blog



*