MySecretGarden

U.S.A., Washington State. USDA zone 8b. Sunset climate zone 5

My Garden - First Part of May

These are some pictures of my May garden (first half of the month).


May came fast, and the garden suddenly became full!








Hellebore is still blooming

New light weight pots are ready to be filled

My garden supervisor


 Major renovation here is underway: old lamium and oxalis are removed, there are no certain plans, will just try this and that until I get comfortable with a new 'skirt' for two fir trees.



Forget-me-nots are ruling in May!



After a couple of years of frustration with this Rodgersia, I found a new spot for it and realized that I should be frustrated not with it, but with myself. Rodgersia needed more sun and water than its original spot provided. Now, we both are happy!

Similar situation is with Bergenia - it started to grow and bloom only after I moved it to a new spot with more sun.


I love these simple bells.

These are some new plants, just a small part. Can you believe, I brought home 40 new plants from that swap?

Peonia on the left lost its blooms after a very wet early spring .

Vegetable garden provides kale, Swiss chard, parsley. For a salad, I like to add radishes and dry cherries, plus olive or avocado oil and some balsamic vinegar.


 Beet seedlings removed after thinning out also go to salad!

 Usually I don't buy a lot of annuals, but this season I want more color!

Beautiful, heavenly-blue Veronica gentianoides 'Little Blues' - one of my finds at the local Plant Swap.

Cut some lawn, added some space to an existing bed, planted it with  brunnera, primula, etc.

Robin's nest

In the container above - overwintered Abyssinian banana tree and Senecio Angel Wings

Lemon Lights Azalea

 This glazed blue pot is a garage sale find

Another overwintered Abyssinian banana tree is seen here

 Alliums, my love







Camassia is a new addition to my garden



 Former dwarf Azalea got tired to be small and after 10 years decided to grow tall!




Libertia is a beautiful plant. I love its white dots!



















Small Deutzia gracilis


It took just several days for Rodgersia to change color from bronze to green





Native Decentra is not shy spreading in the shade garden


The leaves of this Hosta are huge





Geranium phaeum Samobor



Rhododendron Honey Butter on the left. I need to clip Escallonia which is crowding it.


My little Olive tree certainly loves our climate. It's getting bushier and looks happy!


After many years of losing the fight for primulas to slugs, I finally have healthy, not-damaged plants with big clean leaves and blooms!




Calycanthus floridus - such a delightful plant!


I love to watch how the sun is crawling to the garden







May is one of my favorite months in the garden.
Hope you are enjoying your May gardens too!

***Copyright 2018 TatyanaS

26 comments:

  1. So many lovely things happening in your gorgeous gardens... adore your photography! Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Larry! May is a wonderful month, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. It's always a delight to tour your garden with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much for visiting! Hope to see you at some garden tours!

      Delete
  3. It's all looking beautiful! I noticed that you've added Camassias, and it looks like you have two species. Are they C. quamash and C. scilloides? I sprinkled seeds of C. scilloides in my garden, but I don't know if they're going to take. I think I might buy some actual plants to get them going. I also added quite a few Alliums this year, and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm moving more and more toward plants that rabbits won't eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you! You are right, there are different C. in my garden. Camassia quamash 'Blue Melody' with variegated foliage and others (I'll try to find their labels). Last year, I bought bulbs and one plant in the pot (it performed the best). I adore alliums and try to add new bulbs every year.

      Delete
  4. Your garden Supervisor has to be busy with such a vast amount of plants and blooms to patrol. That is one interesting Azalea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! It looks like with age, he likes gardening more and more!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! Your gardens are so amazingly beautiful with so much diversity in lovely plants. It would be sheer joy to walk around with you enjoying it all. Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, thanks! You are welcome any time to come visit me and my garden!!!

      Delete
  6. Your garden is bursting with color and new growth! May is a wonderful month in the garden isn't it? Your garden supervisor is doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking beautiful as always! Do you pull the forget-me-nots, or trim them back? I have already pulled out my big ones for the year. I think I need to move a Rodgersia as well- but I am not sure where I would have a spot. : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I pull them out since there are many small seedlings left.
      My Rodgersia lacked both sun and water. It was a right decision to move it. I feel your 'pain' - it's not easy to find a new spot in the garden! Good luck!

      Delete
  8. Hello Tatyana.
    Lovely pictures. Your garden is so beautiful. I love it. Have a nice evening.
    Hanne-Lise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanne-Lise, thank you so much for your kind words! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  9. I loved your garden mine is not in you class but you are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juanita! You have lovely garden and, the most important, you have your gardening partner/friend/buddy!

      Delete
  10. The garden is looking magnificent. Thank you, Tatyana, for the eye-feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Sue! I really appreciate it! Sorry, there is no words in this post - the gardening season is on!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful Paradise you have! Mine is not even half as big as yours, and I'm constantly working there... I can only imagine how busy you must be!

    Enjoy!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, CIELO!
      We all are working bees, aren't we? Especially in spring!
      It was a pleasure visiting your blog!

      Delete
  12. Isn’t May in the garden just especially delightful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! It is! Unfortunately, some plants are finishing blooming already! Fortunately, we have cameras!

      Delete
  13. I was looking forward to seeing your May garden, and I was not disappointed. You have such a wonderful diversity of flowering plants. Your garden seems huge; 40 plants from a plant swap! What were the rules? Did you have to contribute 40 plants to come home with that number?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I recently got a thought - I am more a plant collector than a gardener. Plant collector buys one plant and gets happy even without knowing where to plant it; Gardener buys 3-5-7-etc. plants and knows where those plants will go in the garden.
      As for the swap, there were no strict rules. I brought 30 plants from my own garden and left with 40. They invited people with and without plants to swap. Some visitors brought cookies and left with plants or seeds!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comment! I appreciate your time! See you soon on your blog!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU!

Labels

Abyssinian Banana (4) Actaea s. (1) Agapanthus (1) Agressive plants (1) Alaska (8) Amaryllis (5) Aquilegia (1) Aralia (4) Arizona (1) Arundel Castle Gardens (1) Autumn (47) Bainbridge Island Gardens (8) Before and After (8) Berry (4) Bird Houses (1) Bloedel Reserve (1) Blotanical (3) Blue Poppy (2) Book review (1) Botanical Gardens (3) Bouquets (9) Butchart Gardens (9) California (3) Calla (1) Canada (2) Chanticleer Garden (1) Clematis (4) Coleus (1) Colonial Gardens (7) Conifers (3) Containers (22) Corydalis (1) Dahlia (5) Dan Klennert (1) Desert Landscape (1) DIG (1) Dogs (14) Dry creek bed (1) Duris Cucumber Farm (1) Elandan Gardens (2) End of Month View (12) England (16) English Gardens (2) Euphorbia (1) Eze France Exotic garden (2) Fall garden (19) Far Reaches Farm (1) Favorite plants (52) Favorite plants. Tree Philodendron (1) Fences (2) Foliage (7) Formal gardens (1) Foxglove (14) France (4) Frankfurt Botanical Garden (1) Front Garden (5) Fuchsia (8) Garden decor (3) garden design (1) Garden elements (48) garden rooms (1) garden structure (1) Garden Tour (1) Garden works (15) Gardening Tips (4) Gardens of nature (11) Gardens to see (113) Gardens to see (tours) (25) Geraniums (2) Germany (5) GH Garden Tour (7) Giveaway (4) Giverny (2) Gossler Farms Nursery (1) Grasses (8) Great Dixter (3) Greenhouse (2) gunnera (4) Hampton Court (1) Hawaii Garden (1) Hellebores (8) Herbs and Vegetables (22) Heronswood (7) Hidcote (1) History of gardening (11) Holidays (25) Hops (1) Hosta (4) Hydrangea (7) Illumination (1) Italy (12) Japanese maple (14) Kew (4) Lakewold Gardens (22) Lavatera (1) Lavender (3) Leucosceptrum stellipilum ‘Ogon' (1) Little and Lewis Garden (1) Lobelia tupa (2) Meconopsis (2) Melianthus major (2) Minter Gardens (1) Missouri Botanical Garden (1) Mount Vernon (1) My Garden (150) My Open Garden (4) MY PICTURE OF THE DAY (80) Neighborhood (9) NPA Open Gardens (13) NWFGS (29) Old Goat Farm (3) Orchids (1) Oregon (4) PalmenGarten (2) Pampas grass (1) Peony (6) Perennials (59) Plant ID (9) Poppy (5) Problem areas (3) Recipes (2) Rhododendron (5) Rock garden (2) Romneya c. (2) Sarah P. Duke Gardens (2) Serre de la Madone (Lawrence Johnston) (1) Shade Garden (20) Shayne Chandler Garden (1) Shrubs (11) Sissinghurst (9) Sky Watch (1) Slope garden (6) Slugs (3) Spring/Summer garden (141) Stachys (1) Succulents (9) Summer/Fall garden (74) Texas Arboretum (1) The Garden of Great Depression (1) Tree Peony (2) Trees (36) Trips (81) Tulip Festival (16) Uncategorized (7) Vegetable garden (4) Vegetables (1) Villa Cimbrone (2) WA (114) Weigela (1) Wells Medina Nursery (1) White garden (3) Wild animals (21) Wild flowers (16) Windcliff (1) Wineries (1) Winter and winter garden (54) Wordless Wednesday (31) Yang's Garden and Nursery (6)
Copyright 2009-2022 TatyanaS, MySecretGarden Blog



*